Monday, April 2, 2018

Baby's First Day

I work in DC now. The commute isn't even so bad. I LOVE that I get to take my time to get to work. I get out later, but I don't think it'll feel so bad. At least not now that it's sunny out. My office has a window. I have an hour lunch break. Everyone is so nice and so helpful and so passionate about their work. I work closely with Rebecca, and I share the office with David and Mauricio who are essentially training me to help out with their positions. They're funny and knowledgeable and actually make me feel welcome. It did feel like a lot to learn, but I expected that. They kept saying sorry for overwhelming me (which means they expect me to be overwhelmed soon haha), but it really didn't feel so bad. It's what I expect for a first day. All new things that will take time but I feel confident in my abilities. And they say I'm a natural! Which only helps boost my confidence. I can't explain it. I just feel good here. I feel like God answered my prayers with this place. Maybe it won't be forever. Maybe I'll look at this post a year from now and laugh at my naive optimism. But right now it feels fantastic. The whole day felt brighter. Here's to the next few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment